Results of the last trading day:
At Thursday, March 30, trading in the euro / dollar ended with a slight decline. The US dollar strengthened against most currencies on the background correction of open positions by market participants to the long weekend. The euro dropped to 1.2284.
Published US statistics:
- The consumer sentiment index, University of Michigan in the US 101.4 (forecast was 102.0, the previous value of 102.0)
- personal income index in the US in February was 0.4% (forecast was 0.4%, previous 0.4%).
- personal spending index in the US in February was 0.2% (forecast was 0.2%, previous 0.2%).
- The number of applications for the grant of unemployment in the US for the week to 24.03 amounted to 215 thousand. (Forecast was 230K., The previous value of 227 thousand.).
- GDP index channels in January was 0.1% w / w, 2.7% g / g (prediction was 0.1% w / w, 2.9% g / g, the previous value is revised from 0.1% / m and 3.3% g / g of 0.2% w / w, 3.4% g / g).
Planned statistics (GMT +3):
Good Friday - Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA, Germany.
Fig. 1 euro / dollar, hour period. Data source: TradingView
On Thursday, my expectations for updating a session low of fully justified. The euro dropped to 157 degrees.
At the time of writing the review of the morning the euro is worth $ 1.2313. Price corrected from 1.2284 before the trend line and now sellers are selling the euro resumed. On Friday, according to the forecast I expect prices to fall to 1.2267. For me the important bar 17:00 (GMT + 3). It clock cycles are deployed upwards. The market today is thin, so we can have time to go up to 1.2254. If the sellers do not have time to reach the goal of 1.2267 to 17:00, then we can hardly expect a further weakening of the euro. According to my calculations, the growth phase will last until 4 April.
Forecast of the euro dollar today Vladislav Antonov trader analyst at Alpari