Saudi Arabia has not the easy times in an attempt to squeeze out extra players at the expense of hard-dumping in the oil market. Talk about interesting facts concerning the economic life of the "black gold of the kingdom" - based on AMarkets.
1. In a country of 100 camels are sold daily. The largest camel market is in El Riyadh.
2. In the current year, the country has been applied the death penalty to at least 151 people. This, by the way, a record since 1995.
3. The oil reserves of the country is truly enormous. Stocks of the largest deposits of Ghawar - that's about 75 billion barrels.
4. 95% of the country - the desert. Only 1.45% of the land suitable for agricultural farming.
5. It is the only country where women are forbidden to drive.
6. Saudi Arabia's population is 28.8 million people - it is quite a bit more than that in Texas - 26.5 million. However, the Kingdom's GDP - is something like $ 750 billion. GDP of Texas - $ 1.4 trillion. The data for 2013.
7. 60% of the country's workforce - foreigners.
8. Less than 20% of the country's women's work. And working in a narrow segment of services - mostly for sale lingerie.
9. The country's population over 60 years is only 5%.