Results of the last trading day:
Euro / dollar on April 1 (April Fool's Day) is in a sideways trend. All day candles these days look like Doji with long shadows. Yesterday's mixed dynamics in the pair due to higher oil prices and the US Federal Reserve statements representative Harker.
Oil has risen to $ 44.78 on rumors that Russia and Saudi Arabia have reached a consensus on the issue of freezing the volume of oil production. Confirmation of the officials have been reported. Harker said the Fed this year could raise rates three times, if inflation accelerates.
The euro / dollar closed at 1.1383 in Asian trading near the line Lb in the middle of the range 1,1326-1,1464.
Market expectations for today:
On Tuesday, before closing the daily candle went out a report of the American Petroleum Institute (API) oil reserves. Stocks in the US rose by 6.2 million, compared to -4.3 million the previous week. On the news barrel of Brent fell to $ 44.11. This is a slight decrease in quotations on the increase in stocks, as all market participants' attention is directed to the OPEC meeting in Doha. It can be assumed that in Europe, Brent will test all the same level of $ 45, and then will begin the correction in oil.
The key event of the day is a meeting and press conference of the Bank of Canada. Until the evening of euro / dollar may go up. Hourly indicators are located at the bottom and do not conflict with euro purchases in the first half of the day. Closing of the euro is seen at the level of 1.1380.
News of the day:
- At 12:00 MSK euro zone announce the change of volume of industrial production for February.
- At 15:30 MSK US Notify change of volume of retail trade, as well as release the producer price index for March.
- At 17:00 MSK will be announced on the Bank of Canada decision on the basic interest rate and the publication of the report will take place on the Bank of Canada on monetary policy.
- At 17:30 MSK in the US, there are data on oil reserves from the Ministry of Energy.
- 18:15 MSK scheduled press conference of the Bank of Canada.
- At 21:00 MSK review "Beige Book" released in the United States.
Eight days EUR / USD pair is in a sideways trend with an average price of 1.1394. Breakthrough 1.1326 lower bound of the range would open the way to 1.1250 sellers. Prepare necessary to weaken the euro. The levels of 1.1396 / 1.14 will perform on Wednesday resistance. Swings should be expected in the US session during the press conference the head of the Bank of Canada and the US Department of Energy report output.