Results of the last trading day:
On Friday, the euro closed lower against the US dollar. Price dropped to the 1.1282 level on the positive statistics from the US. Consumer confidence and retail sales were better than expected.
The consumer confidence index Reuters / Michigan 95.8 vs. 90.0 and 89.0 in April. Retail sales for April reflected an unexpected increase of 1.3% compared to -0.3 in March and 0.8% forecast.
Market expectations for today:
On Mondays, I always consider the movement against Friday and do not pay for news. I believe that the ideal choice for today will be a correction to the level of 1.1335. If the euro will recover to this level, the impact can be expected to drop to 1.1250.
News of the day:
- In Switzerland and Germany, a day off.
- At 15:30 MSK will be released in the US manufacturing index FBI in New York.
- At 17:00 MSK publish States housing market index from the NAHB.
- At 17:30 MSK report of the Bank of Canada.
- At 23:00 MSK US - Net volume of purchases of longer-term securities.
Intraday Forecast: minimum - 1.1290, maximum - 1.1335, closing - 1.1314.