Donald Trump has called on the number of jobs, published on Friday, November 4 "horrific" and "catastrophic", although the unemployment rate fell, but job growth has been encouraging.
On Friday, the presidential candidate from the Republicans made one big criticism: "The workforce was reduced by more than 14 million people, when Obama took office. As a result, a total of 94 million remain unemployed persons. "
The unemployment rate in the US is 4.9. Can in this indicator 94 million Americans to be unemployed?
The answer - yes. But all is not as bad as it might seem. CNNMoney has data the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in the last quarter and shares them with voters.
- The number of Americans aged 16 and older: 253.9 million;
- The number of working-age population, employment: 152.1 million;
- The number of working-age people without job security: 8 million.
Thus, 93.8 million Americans are out of the labor force. But many of them belong to this category, for obvious reasons:
- 44 million pensioners;
- 15.3 million are disabled disability;
- 13.3 million are not working due to caring for family members;
- 13.2 million are enrolled in a college or doing vocational training.
Accordingly: from 93.8 million non-working Americans are 85.8 million pensioners, disabled, caring for relatives and friends, or undergoing training.
The remaining 8 million people - what with them?
5.9 million Americans looking for work in the past year or would like to work but have given up looking in during the year. 2.1 million Americans are in the shade. Officials do not know why they do not belong to the labor force of the state.
Based on materials WELTRADE